Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Letter to my Future Husband

Dear handsome, amazing, tender man,

Whoever you are, I love you. I don’t know you yet and I’m pretty sure you don’t know me but I love you all the same. Since I was little I knew I would get married and have children. I always wanted my husband to be like my dad. I know it sounds weird but if you knew my dad you’d know why I’d like my future husband to be like him. I’m not saying I want to marry my dad, I just know that there are certain traits you must have for me to say “I do.”
My dad is kind, caring, loving, strong (emotionally and physically), great with kids, funny, passionate, dedicated, responsible, liable, trustworthy. He’s always there, he’s a great human example of God, he never hurt me, he taught me wrong from right, he loves my mom, he cares for her, he loves my sisters, he cares for them, and he loves my brother and cares for him. I know you’re thinking I’m just writing this to brag about my dad, I’m not. I just want you to know that when I meet you, I’ll be looking for these things. I don’t want you to be an exact version of my dad I’d just like a lot of these traits. I want you to know that I want to make the right decision in choosing my future spouse, and I’m scared of making a mistake. I want to love and be loved by you. I’m waiting for you, sexually speaking. I’m not having sex until I get married to you. I don’t want any other man to have me in that respect, so I’m saving myself for you. I’d like for you to do the same, but if this is not the case when we meet, there’s always forgiveness. I pray that you’ll do the same as me as I’m waiting for you. I want to have a future with you. I want to have a family, to travel, whether with kids or not, to live a good long life by your side. I want to have an open, honest relationship. I want you to be my best friend. I want to learn everything about you and every day learn something new about the wonderful man God ‘allowed’ me to marry. I want to grow together in Christ, to become a strong couple of God, and to raise our kids in a stable, Christian home. I want to be happy. I want to wake up each morning and see you beside me and thank God that I have such an amazing husband. I don’t want this to be a soppy love letter. I’m just writing to let you know how much I care about you before we even meet.
I promise now to support you through whatever comes [y]our way. I promise to love you through the good and the bad. I promise to be loyal to you, to love only you. Until death do us part, I’ll love you even afterwards. I love you Mr. insert-my-future-husband’s-name-here. I can’t wait to meet you.

Love your gorgeous, amazing, loving, future wife (I hope you think I’m just as amazing as I think you are).


Goodbye, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment